Monday 12 October 2015

Rachel Reads Randomly Vote #4


Thank you everyone for your input last time. The results of the last vote were:


1 Votes - French Coast by Anita Hughes
1 Votes - Flings and Arrows by Debbie Viggiano
1 Votes - Surf Mama: One Woman's Search for Love, Happiness and the Perfect Wave by Wilma Johnson 
2 Votes - Sophie's Turn (Rock Star Romance Book 1) by Nicky Wells
2 Votes - Sweet Nothing by Alison May 

Well it was a tie this week, and I decided to read Sweet Nothing by Alison May, purely because knowing I have the entire Rock Star Romance trilogy, I had a feeling I would want to read all of them, this weekend when I had other reading plans, had I enjoyed the first. So went for the safer option of Sweet Nothing. Review will be up shortly. 


Below is initially my theory for this feature, and then a bit further, what you are all waiting for... This weeks's vote!

I am also awful at deciding what book to read next, as I often have about 10 titles or authors jumping into my brain at any time, shouting at me to read them, and I tend to worry I have made the wrong decision while reading a perfectly good book. I am hoping this will save me having to make at least 1 choice a week, while possibly providing a review to the site of a book you all either love or are curious about yourselves. 

So what I am proposing, is my lovely loyal readers of Rachel's Random Reads, select one book for me to read a week, and I will post the review the following week. 

How is this going to work?

Every Monday, I am going to have a post like this, which is going to have some choices on it. I am planning on using random.org to select 7 random numbers, to coincide with my spreadsheet of unread books.  

I will from that produce a list of hopefully 5 books, I reserve the right to veto any books, and will give reasons for them, if it occurs.

I will take screenshots and post them, of the chosen books, and also give you my instinctive reactions to the choices (without checking blurbs or any other info about them, which could be interesting as there are probably many forgotten about books on my spreadsheet!). 

Your task is to post a comment on this post, with the book you would like me to read this week. At midnight on Wednesday I will take a tally of the votes and the book with the most, I will read and review for the following Monday, where you will also get a new choice post. 

In the event of a tie, I will chose which one appeals most, for the Monday review, and possibly try and read and review the other to appear when I can. 

I am hoping this will provide some variety to the books appearing, and will let me potentially read or discover some great authors that I have wanted to read but not got around to yet. 

On the assumption that some of this makes sense, I will without further ado, load up the randomiser and see what the options are for this week. 

This weeks random numbers are...

And the books these numbers correspond to are...


So the 5 choices with my gut feeling responses are:


115 - The Life I Left Behind by Colette McBeth - I've only heard good things about this title. and I believe I will be meeting Colette at an event at the beginning of November.
180 - Paradise House by Erica James - Always enjoy reading Erica's books, this is one of her back catalogue I bought on a great deal
221 - Forget Me Not by Isabel Wolff - I have read quite a few books by Isabel and really enjoy them. They tend to have a great sense of humour.
245 - The Dr Pepper Prophecies (Parker Sisters Book 1) by Jennifer Gilby Roberts - Well we share a name, and I've read one book by her before, and it stayed with me for days on my holiday. 
287 - Where Love Lies by Julie Cohen - Another author I love, I would expect this to be an emotional read.

My initial response on those 5 titles being selected is WOW! That is an impressive looking line up of 5 books that I would love to read sooner than later. Please everyone have a say this week, as I'd love to know your thoughts. Pick your favourite or the one you most want me to review, or just the one you are curious about, and leave me a comment below, before midnight on Wednesday. 

I look forward to seeing what I will be reading over the weekend, courtesy of you all. 

18 comments:

  1. Wow, what great books Rachel! Has to be Where Love Lies though - if I could ever pick a top ten, I'm pretty sure that book would be in it...A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what you mean .. impressive selection. I'm trying to imagine which one would be your 'least' preferred! However my vote has to go with 287 - Where Love Lies by Julie Cohen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh I couldn't decide so closed my eyes and randomly pointed at 180..

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Life I Left Behind is the cover that springs out to me, so probably the one I'd choose :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forget me not ... Love title and cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paradise House, I love books by Erica James!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where Love Lies. Fab book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vote from Twitter:
    Julie Cohen ‏@julie_cohen 2 hrs2 hours ago
    Julie Cohen Retweeted Rachel Gilbey
    Not that I would influence you AT ALL, but vote for 287.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vote from Twitter:

    Helen J Rolfe ‏@HJRolfe 3 hrs3 hours ago
    @gilbster1000 Where Loves Lies by @julie_cohen Completely amazing, such a touching story. Couldn't put it down!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vote from Twitter:

    Borrow A Book ‏@books2borrow 5 hrs5 hours ago
    @gilbster1000 @katieoliver01 Paradise House gets my vote Rachel. 💗

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vote from Twitter:

    Ria_Sanive ‏@RSanive 5 hrs5 hours ago
    @gilbster1000 Forget me not by Isabel Wolff. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vote from Twitter:

    Margo ‏@Margoknows 59 secs59 seconds ago
    @gilbster1000 Where Love Lies sounds interesting with fragrances being tied to good memories. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've read The Dr pepper prophecies and loved it. Forget me not looks good tho xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. 245, the Doctor Pepper book looks really great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vote from Twitter:

    Aimee ‏@AimeeHorton 4 secs4 seconds ago
    @gilbster1000 @SamTongeWriter ooh the life I left behind!!!
    View conversation 0 retweets 0 favourites
    Reply Retweet Favourite
    More

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vote from Twitter -

    Hope Irving ‏@HI_author 8 hrs8 hours ago
    @gilbster1000 Dr. Pepper... The best ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm voting for:

    245 - The Dr Pepper Prophecies

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...