Monday 5 October 2015

Rachel Reads Randomly Vote #3


Thank you everyone for your input last time. The results of the last vote were:


0 Votes - Oh Mexico! Love and Adventure in Mexico City by Lucy Neville
0 Votes - Little Things (Second Chances Book 1) by Madison Street
1 Votes - The Wood by Harlen Coben
2 Votes - Daughters by Elizabeth Buchan
5 Votes - The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel by Deborah Moggach 

Due to having had a ridiculously hectic and tiring week last week, due to work, I had decided in advance not to run a vote last week. The review for The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel went up last Monday and it was a book I really enjoyed so thank you. 

Below are initially my theory for this feature, and then a bit further, what you are all waiting for... This weeks's vote!

I am also awful at deciding what book to read next, as I often have about 10 titles or authors jumping into my brain at any time, shouting at me to read them, and I tend to worry I have made the wrong decision while reading a perfectly good book. I am hoping this will save me having to make at least 1 choice a week, while possibly providing a review to the site of a book you all either love or are curious about yourselves. 

So what I am proposing, is my lovely loyal readers of Rachel's Random Reads, select one book for me to read a week, and I will post the review the following week. 

How is this going to work?

Every Monday, I am going to have a post like this, which is going to have some choices on it. I am planning on using random.org to select 7 random numbers, to coincide with my spreadsheet of unread books.  

I will from that produce a list of hopefully 5 books, I reserve the right to veto any books, and will give reasons for them, if it occurs.

I will take screenshots and post them, of the chosen books, and also give you my instinctive reactions to the choices (without checking blurbs or any other info about them, which could be interesting as there are probably many forgotten about books on my spreadsheet!). 

Your task is to post a comment on this post, with the book you would like me to read this week. At midnight on Wednesday I will take a tally of the votes and the book with the most, I will read and review for the following Monday, where you will also get a new choice post. 

In the event of a tie, I will chose which one appeals most, for the Monday review, and possibly try and read and review the other to appear when I can. 

I am hoping this will provide some variety to the books appearing, and will let me potentially read or discover some great authors that I have wanted to read but not got around to yet. 

On the assumption that some of this makes sense, I will without further ado, load up the randomiser and see what the options are for this week. 

This weeks random numbers are...



And the books these numbers correspond to are...



As I have said, I have the right to veto any of the selections, and this week, I am having to remove 254 from the options. It is Jenny Oliver's new Christmas book, and the reason I'm taking it out of your choices is that it is one of the books I will be reading and reviewing for my Carina Christmas event at the end of November.  I am also vetoing - 551 - Sinead Moriarty The Secrets Sisters Keep purely because it is a sequel to Me and My Sisters which I also own, but haven't read yet., Prefer reading things in order where I can.

So the 5 choices with my gut feeling responses are:

17 - Sweet Nothing by Alison May - I know the book is published by Choc Lit, and if I recall this is a modern adaptation of something famous, but that is all I know!
32 - French Coast by Anita Hughes - I believe its set on the south coast of France and I keep being tempted to pick it up!
144 - Flings and Arrows by Debbie Viggiano - It's a book! Suspect its chick lit, really no idea where this appeared from on the kindle!
450 - Sophie's Turn (Rock Star Romance Book 1) by Nicky Wells - I won this a few months ago, and just not had a chance to read it. 
606 - Surf Mama: One Woman's Search for Love, Happiness and the Perfect Wave by Wilma Johnson - Female surfer and travel book I think, although it could be pure fiction

Those are your choices for this week. I have very little recollection about any of these titles, but rest assured that if they are on my spreadsheet then I want to read them at some point in my life, so you won't upset me regardless of which book you all go for!  Pick your favourite or the one you most want me to review, or just the one you are curious about, and leave me a comment below, before midnight on Wednesday. 

I look forward to seeing what I will be reading over the weekend, courtesy of you all. 

8 comments:

  1. It has to be Sweet Nothing by Alison May - I just love her writing, and know you will too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. not read anything by these authors but i like the sound of Surf Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one that jumps out to me is 144 - Flings and Arrows by Debbie Viggiano because of the title & blurb! Will be interested to see what you think & yes it's now gone on my wishlist!! Thanks :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I have read Sophie's Turn and I loved it. So I think I have to vote for that one. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vote received on twittter

    This Chick Reads ‏@ThisChickReads 4 hrs4 hours ago
    @gilbster1000 Can't comment on blog for some reason, but I vote for French Coast by Anita Hughes. Would love to hear your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vote received on twitter

    Ria_Sanive ‏@RSanive 4 hrs4 hours ago
    @gilbster1000 haven't read any. So I have randomly selected a book- 'sweet nothing' (hope it's a sweet story as the title suggests) 😃

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another vote from Twitter -

    Margo
    ‏@Margoknows
    @gilbster1000 Sophie's Turn by N. Wells sounds like a roller coaster ride of a romance, with meeting up with a 1st love, whilst engaged.💍💖

    ReplyDelete
  8. Daughters - Elizabeth Buchan is always so good. Angela Britnell

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...