Thursday 1 October 2015

Book Review - Not That Easy by Radhika Sanghani

Amazon UK
Title: Not That Easy
Author: Radhika Sanghani
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Mills & Boon
Publication Date: 24th September 2015
Rating: 4 Stars


Recent graduate Ellie Kolstakis is supposedly an ‘adult’. She has debt, an unpaid magazine internship and three flatmates who left her with the single room to match her single status. But Ellie doesn’t mind, because she doesn’t want a boyfriend anyway – she wants several, so Ellie heads straight online. Of course, like most of Ellie’s plans, there are a few things she didn’t count on…

This book is brilliant, I completely identified with Ellie, and the various thoughts she has been having on her journey to having a more involved and better sex life. She is very inexperienced when it comes to men, despite being 22, and has decided she wants to have more experience with a variety of men. 

Her various attempts at online dating, are hilarious, but with a bit of luck she can turn her casual encounters into a popular column for the online magazine where she is an unpaid intern. 

I loved Ellie's friendship with Emma and Lara, and between them the girls have many discussions as to the workings of the male mind, how to orgasm, and all sorts of other sexual topics. There is a lot of talk about sex in this book, as Ellie is marginally obsessed by it (she has a couple of specific things to do with it, that she is hung up on too).

The situations and thoughts that Ellie has, I think are probably quite familiar to a lot of people, and some resonated a lot more with me than others. 

Initially I thought Ellie, being a young, socially awkward Greek girl, reminded me of the main character in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" film, although they are definitely different, I think you have seen that film, you will understand Ellie's relationship with her family a lot more. Towards the end of the book there was a phrase that had me laughing out loud, and I suspect it could have been a homage to an infamous quote from "Friends". 

I found this book to be incredibly funny and relatable to. I was hooked the whole way through, and really enjoyed Radhika's writing style. It was a fresh voice, and one I am looking forward to reading more of. I can't help but suspect that Ellie's story isn't completely over yet. 

Thank you to Mills & Boon and Netgalley for this review copy. This was my honest opinion. 

1 comment:

  1. Fab review! Well done, Radhika! Thanks for sharing, Rachel. :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...