Friday 23 October 2015

Book Review - Christmas Wishes and Mistletoe Kisses by Jenny Hale - #BookoutureXmas

Amazon UK
Title: Christmas Wishes and Mistletoe Kisses by Jenny Hale 
Author: Jenny Hale
Format reviewed: Ebook 
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Bookouture 
Publication Date: 16th October 2015
Rating: 5 Stars


An uplifting, beautiful story about never letting go of your dreams, the special magic of a family Christmas… and the rush of falling in love under the mistletoe. 

Single mother Abbey Fuller loves her family more than anything, and doesn’t regret for a moment having had to put her dreams of being an interior designer on hold. But with her son, Max, growing up, when a friend recommends her for a small design job she jumps at the chance. How hard can it be? 

Nick Sinclair needs his house decorated in time for his family’s festive visit – and money is no object. What he doesn’t need is to be distracted from his multi-million dollar business – even if it is Christmas. 

When Abbey pulls up to the huge Sinclair mansion, she has a feeling she might be out of her depth. And when she meets the gorgeous, brooding Nicholas Sinclair, she knows that she’s in real trouble… 

With the snow falling all around, can Abbey take the chance to make her dreams of being a designer come true? And can she help Nick to finally enjoy the magic of Christmas? 

What can I say apart from Jenny Hale knows how to write a Christmas book that sums up the feeling of the season completely. I have read this and been filled with a warm fuzzy feeling inside the whole time. There is something about the connection between Abbey, Nick and Max that tugs on your heart strings. It also makes you want to hit Nick from time to time for being so stubborn.

Abbey is a single mother to Max, and is a private nurse to Caroline. However she has always dreamed of being an interior designer, and after she helped Caroline to redecorate her flat she gets a fabulous job offer. Her grandson Nick needs someone to turn his huge mansion, from the cold and impersonal space, into a proper family house, for when his family arrives for Christmas. 

However he is a work-aholic and doesn't really care about the designs or anything, rather just needs to check this off a list, while he isn't interrupted from work. He is more than willing as a result to take a chance on Abbey. What neither of them realises at first is that this could be more than just a job opportunity. 

There are some absolutely wonderful scenes in this book, from building snowmen, to a special piano playing session, to Max meeting the "real" Santa all of which allow you a greater look at Nick, and just the depth of his character, and just who he could be if he wasn't working the entire time. And it wasn't just me that felts that way, as Abbey definitely seemed smitten by Nick!

Given they come from two very different backgrounds, I was curious as to how Nick's family would treat Abbey when they came for Christmas, but they are also all very grounded people (that just happen to be filthy rich). 

I loved the descriptions of Abbey decorating this mansion for Christmas, I could really picture the difference, the interior design did.  I also loved Abbey's relationship with Gramps, her mother and also Caroline, who she feels is more than a client, and is actually a friend. 

I do tend to read on my commute, but its always fantastic when I discover a book such as this that had me so engrossed that I was barely aware of the stations passing, and I'm actually amazed I didn't miss my various stops. I couldn't stop myself just turning the pages to continue reading this bubble of festive goodness!

There is just so much to love in Christmas Wishes and Mistletoe Kisses, but rather than wax lyrical for even longer, I am just going to say, pick up the book yourself and give it a go. It is a warm hearted, loveable and fantastic Christmas read, with some gestures that had me almost in tears towards the end (which only happens when I really connect with the characters). 

Thanks so much to Netgalley and Bookoutre for this review copy. This was my honest review.

Thank you to ThisChickReads for inviting me to be part of Bookoutre Christmas. If you liked this review I have more Christmassy Bookoutre goodies coming up very soon on the blog this week. 

1 comment:

  1. Awww, what a fabulous review! It almost had me in tears on its own! Well done, Jenny! Loving the sound of this. Thanks for sharing, Rachel. :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...