Sunday 2 August 2015

Book Review - A Kiss in the Dark by Lisa Fox - #HIReadathon

Amazon UK
Title: A Kiss in the Dark
Author: Lisa Fox
Format reviewed: Ebook 
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Harper Impulse
Publication Date: 18th June 2015
Rating: 4 Stars


A bad boy can make a girl feel so good.

Grace’s attraction to her new web designer, amateur boxer and all-around playboy, Ryan Granger, is off the charts. But the bad boy of programming is not someone she needs to get entangled with. She’s got too many responsibilities and no time for games. She has deadlines to meet and a sick father to care for. Ryan is tempting, but being with him is completely unrealistic. Still, a girl can fantasize, right?

Ryan wants Grace badly, but while he’s building her website, they have to keep things strictly professional. Thankfully, walking her home during a city-wide blackout is on his own time and whatever happens in the dark doesn’t count. He’s falling hard for Grace and he is a man used to winning. The only problem is, he’s got to convince her that he’s worthy of her trust.

I love Ryan Granger, he is the best mix of web designer and boxer, so sporty but with a touch of computer nerd about him. He is well built, has a reputation for being a complete playboy and enjoys life to the full. And then he meets Grace. 

Grace is his first proper client, at the firm where he works. She is an author, and he is charged with making the best possible website for her. Ryan also realises he wants to sleep with Grace very soon after meeting her, but is determined to be a professional about it.. 

Until during their second meeting there is a city-wide blackout, and he does the chivalrous thing of walking her home.

I was very impressed with Grace's character, especially since we get small portions of her work in progress, and it amazed me how Lisa Fox was able to start writing bits of a story within a story, with Grace's genre being quite different from Lisa's. I would have thought it would be hard enough to write one book, without thinking about what her character's book would be. That being said, I loved the sound of Grace's 4 book detal and would have happily read them myself, if they were real!

A Kiss in the Dark is a hot and steamy romance novella, that is packed with character and good times. You get for a novella a fair amount of depth for both Ryan and Grace, and I loved that Ryan was a boxer. I love a sportsman, even if its not a sport that I tend to watch myself. 

This was the the first story I have read by Lisa Fox, and I'm positive that next time I'm in the mood for a romantic novella, I will be reaching for another of her books. 

Thank you to Harper Impulse and Netgalley for this review copy. This was my honest opinion and review. 

A Kiss in the Dark is out now in ebook, and in paperback on the 27th August. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...