Monday 1 June 2015

Book Review - Don't Tell the Brides-to-Be by Anna Bell

Amazon UK
Title: Don't Tell The Brides-to-Be
Author: Anna Bell
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Quercus
Publication Date: 12th February 2015
Rating: 4.5 Stars


Things are looking up for Penny Robinson. She's kicked her gambling addiction and even started her own business: Princess on a Shoestring, an all-inclusive service for brides-to-be looking to pinch pennies on their big day. 

Between family rows and wardrobe calamities, wedding planning is no piece of cake... but Penny's got it all under control. That is, until a rival planner decides to take her down - one hard-won bride at a time. 

Now Penny must fight to save her reputation and her livelihood before its too late. But when a romantic weekend away has some unexpected consequences, Penny's expectations for her career are brought back down to earth with a bump.

Don't Tell the Brides-to-Be is a fabulous continuation in the Don't Tell series. This is now the third time we have met Penny Robinson, and she is now running her own wedding planning business Princess on a Shoestring, for brides on a strict budget. 

I love Penny's energy as she tries to secure as many brides as possible onto her books, and she goes out of her way to listen to want they want and try come up with their dream weddings, no matter how unusual the theme. Look out for the groom who is like a big child at heart. I loved what Penny came up with as a setting for that wedding, and wish I had been there myself. 

However it isn't all smooth sailing for Penny, as the other wedding planner in the area who mainly does high budget, expensive weddings, Georgina Peasbody, takes exception to Penny, and is convinced she will fail. Penny obviously feels threatened and riddled with self doubt after meeting Georgina, but is determined to succeed. 

Add in big news in her relationship with Mark, that could potentially have an affect on the business, surprises in their personal lives, and Penny's friendship with Lou, and you have  a wonderful story. 

Event though this is the third book in the series, it works well as a standalone, as you are given enough information for the most important bits of the previous stories, and since it had been a year since I read the others, I was glad of the reminders myself. 

I was hooked on this story from the first chapter. I love Anna's way of telling a story, and how each chapter started with a few tweets, from Penny's brides, or from Penny herself. 

I loved this story, and this series, and really hope that there will be more in the future from Penny, as I can't help but think her story definitely isn't over. 

Thank you to Quercus and Netgalley for my review copy of this book. This is my honest review.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like my sort of book and I look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...